Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Red, Red Winesday


It's the middle of my vacation and the first day off of David's vacation. What to do? Winesday Wednesday! Stacationing! That's what you do. Danielle had basketball practice, then a GSA meeting, so we were off to do some adult beverage tasting. Byington was open and (are you all sitting down?), I loved the first white, yes I said white. It was a 2009 Sauvignon Blanc Liage, yummy! Okay, I told you to sit down. Then I saw a $15 Cab on the other side of the tasting menu and fell in love. Oh so good, but has to be opened right away.

It was a beautiful day and the drive was nice. Not much is open on Winesday's, which in the wine world is a workday, but none the less a nice day. Hamburger's at Double D's and then on the way home I suggested we stop at J. Lohr. Never been- I loved the Zin, jammy, rich--just the way I like it. But, we had to try one more, which was a Petit Sirah--DAMN good! A bbq steak and a glass and Deb is a happy camper.

Another CCS basketball game tomorrow night and then possibly American Idol on Friday...depends on the outcome of the game.

Happy Winesday

over and out~

Song: Red Red Wine
Artist: UB 40

No comments:

Post a Comment